16 February 2011
Specify Software Project
- New iReport scriptlets have been added to improve text formatting options for printed labels and reports.
- A "Taxon Rank" field has been added to the Query Builder, enabling queries that return a list of unique higher level taxa in the database. For example, Show me a list of the Orders or of the Families in my collection.
- The Agent Profile window within Security Tools now has a “Generate Master Key” button to create the Master Key string needed for a user to login. The Master Key is an encrypted text string of the user’s password and the Specify Master user password. A new user must use this string when logging into Specify for the first time, along with the username and password for that user.
- The window title for the configuration of the Geography Tree in the Wizard now reads "Geography Tree Tanks" instead of "Taxonomic Tree Ranks." 2011-02-11 (Bugzilla 7154).
- Specify no longer must be run as an administrator in order for the log file: error.log to be generated in Windows 7. 2011-02-11 (8220).
- Updating user security permissions no longer causes an exception in the security summary. 2011-02-07 (8243).
- Specify now creates or uses an existing 'Specify' directory in the user home directory and saves all log files there. 2011-02-11 (8246).